Thursday, August 20, 2015

promises...

Dear lover or friend of my past or future...

I can promise you right now that I will not have it together all the time. I will sometimes be needy, emotional. I will be wild and intense.

I can promise you that I will always try to be better and to live up to my promises and to think of your feelings. Empathy is natural to me.

I promise that I won't always like you and that things won't always be "smooth" but I will always love you louder than I can laugh.

And I promise you that sometimes you won't like me too and sometimes I won't be the best version of myself and sometimes you will wonder.

And that is ok. It's ok to leave

But I can promise you I'm not faking and I will never hide from you. 

I can promise you now that you will know what you are getting. And if this is someone you want to love, you can show me by being truthful too.

I promise that in my saner moments I will check in with what is good and right and recalibrate my direction accordingly.

And I promise to be tender, soft, warm, and never to take that away. 

I promise to see and know your worthiness and, in humility, feel mine as well.

I can promise you that if you laugh and play, I will play too, and the brighter you shine, the more I will reflect your love light back to you.

I can promise you that I am not perfect, nor will I ever try to be, but if you want to hold my hand I'll hold yours too as a lover or as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment