Monday, October 28, 2013

a conversation with my body

I really have been to that place where I love everybody. Lately I am there more and more often.

But today I am not there. I feel kind of out of sorts and that really bothers me because I really like to feel happy. So I go about the business of searching for the feeling so I can feel it and in feeling it let it go.


I sit quietly and ask my body what it wants. It says, "sugar." 

"OK, are you hungry?"

"No"

"Are you low on energy?"

"No"

"What are you really feeling that you are trying to sugar-coat?"

"Anxiety."

"Please tell me more."

"I feel a bit lost and I want to reassure myself. Hold myself and tell myself it's OK. I want to feel safe."

"You are safe. Remember how safe you felt yesterday?"

"Yes, I remember but today everything feels different."

"How so?"

"Today I feel frustrated at some people. I feel like they aren't respecting me the way they should. I feel like they are in a bad mood and want to take me down with them. Why can't they see the effect they are having on me?"

"The question is why are you letting yourself be affected? You know these relationships are mirrors. Darling, what is really troubling you?"

"I'm tired today and the house is a mess and everything is feeling a little out of control."

"And that is why you feel others have control over you right now."

"Yes, I can see that."

"Breathe. You are going to be OK."

"I am OK."

"Yes, you are."

...

...

...

"Now, release control entirely."

"Bless this mess."



Love,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment